What are growth factors?
Growth factors are proteins that regulate cellular growth, proliferation and differentiation under controlled conditions. They play an important part in maintaining healthy skin structure and function.
Growth factors are secreted by all cell types that make up the epidermis (outer layer of skin) and dermis (the layer of skin between the epidermis and subcutaneous tissue) of the skin including keratinocytes, fibroblasts and melanocytes.
How do growth factors work?
- They stimulate biochemical pathways that promote skin tissue repair and regeneration.
- They promote the formation of collagen and elastin fibers which give the skin its softness and suppleness.
- Synergistic interaction of multiple growth factors with other proteins in epidermis and dermis results in skin repair and regeneration.
Ossential Growth Factor Serum Plus, Anti-Aging Formula
Two growth factors support collagen production for increased skin density. Additionally, a combination of retinol and amino acids stimulates cellular function, reduces collagen degradation and restores elasticity.
Indication: Aging skin, weak skin
- Boosts collagen and elastin production to reduce the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles and to tighten and firm the skin
- Promotes cell turnover to help smooth the skin and provide a more even skin tone
- Is enriched with amino acids and cell nutrients to encourage healthy cell renewal
- Provides antioxidant protection against free radical damage