Cost: $120 (approximately 30-45 minutes)
What are Microdermabrasion treatments?
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer.
This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
- Improve age spots and black heads
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child, and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
There is no down time or recovery period following microdermabrasion. We may recommend a special moisturizer or facial product to enhance and prolong your result.
Your polished new look should be long-lasting, depending on the severity of your skin damage and the number of treatments that you receive.
Many people have two treatments per month at first and then one per month as part of a maintenance plan.