What is waxing and how does it work?
Waxing is a non-permanent hair removal method, which removes the hair from the root. First, a thin layer of wax is spread over the skin. Next, a cloth or paper strip is then pressed on top and removed very quickly against the direction of hair growth. Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, bikini area, legs, arms and feet. See below for areas that are included in our waxing services.
Why should I choose waxing over other non-permanent hair-removal methods?
Waxing is highly affordable and it lasts longer (6-8 weeks) as compared to other hair removal methods such as shaving. Waxing also works as a gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and leave your skin soft and supple!
Eyebrows $20 / Nose $15 / Lip $15 / Chin $15
Cheeks $25 / Neck $20 / Underarms $30
Back or Chest $50+ / Bikini $40+ / Brazilian $65+
Half Arms $35 / Full Arms $45 / Hands $10
Fingers $10 / Half Legs $40 / Full Legs $60 / Feet $10
Toes $10 / Abdomen $30 / Ears $10
The following factors are known to make those who are waxed more prone to “skin lifting”, where the top layer of skin is torn away during waxing treatment:
- Taking blood-thinning medications
- Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases, including lupus
- Taking prednisone or steroids
- Psoriasis, eczema, or other chronic skin diseases
- Recent sunburn
- Recent cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery
- Recent laser treatment
- Severe varicose leg veins
- Rosacea or very sensitive skin
- History of fever blisters or cold sores (waxing can cause a flare-up)
- Using Tretinoin, Tazarotene, Adapalene, Azelex, or any other peeling agent
- Using hydroquinone
- Recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid, or other acid-based products